Sunday 4 December 2011

Mark Wright and Emily Scott 'just good friends' says TOWIE star James Argent

The Only Way is Essex star James "Arg" Argent has played down hopes of a romance between best pal Mark Wright and fellow I'm a Celebrity contestant Emily Scott.

Last night Wright lost out to McFly bass player Dougie Poynter, 24, as king of the jungle in the final of the 2011 series of the show.

Bookmakers William Hill had installed 24-year-old Wright as the 2/5 odds-on favourite to claim victory, with Poynter the 15/8 outsider, but the musician beat his new-found friend to the title.

The pair's "bro-mance" was not the only close relationship the Essex-boy developed, with Wright sharing a few steamy moments with model Scott.

Last night he seemed to hint there could be a future for them, saying: "Emily is a very good-looking girl and a lovely girl to be around. We will see when I get out, she is a nice girl."


But today best friend and fellow TOWIE star James Argent played down the idea of romance after the jungle for the pair.

[Mark Wright + Emily Scott Pictures]

Speaking at The Clothes Show Live in Birmingham, where he is appearing with co-star Maria Fowler, he said: "He actually called me at 2am, he said I was the first person he called.

"When I spoke to him (about Emily) he really played it down, he said she's a nice girl and they got on.

"From what I gather they are good friends, they enjoyed each other's company in the jungle, but I'm not sure it's more than that."

Argent said he "genuinely" thought his friend was going to win the show and was shocked when he did not.

"But at the end of the day he made it into the final and to make it to the final is a massive achievement.

"He has come across really, really well, and everyone is really proud of him."

And their own close relationship is not under threat, despite Wright and Poynter growing close in the jungle. Last night Wright raved: "There couldn't be a better winner than this man here. He deserves it so much, he is the nicest guy in the whole world."

But Argent said his friend had reassured him: "He said not to worry, I'm still his best friend.

"He's coming back on Tuesday, and hopefully I should be waiting at the airport for him."
Last night Poynter himself was shocked by his victory, saying: "I'm lost for words, my mouth is so dry.

"These have been the best couple of weeks of my life, I wish everybody in the world could experience that."

Mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment