Tuesday 6 December 2011

'I've got 2,000 pairs of shoes', says Cheryl... who even hoards them in the fridge

She's only 5ft 3in tall, so you’d expect Cheryl Cole to have a few pairs of high heels.

Actually, she has more than a few...


The singer has owned up to owning 2,000 pairs, adding: ‘I hoard them all over the house: in cupboards in the kitchen, in the bathroom – every room.
‘There is a big chance when you open the fridge in my house there will be a pair of shoes at the bottom.’


The former X Factor judge, 28, said: ‘I’ve always, always loved shoes but over the past few years I’ve definitely developed a proper fetish.

'I actually own about 2,000 pairs of shoes – and that’s after giving quite a few away.’


Miss Cole, who boasts that she can walk and dance in shoes ‘of any  height’, told Grazia magazine: ‘Because I’m quite small, to me getting dressed is all about the heels.

[Through My Eyes Autobiography Review]

'I have a pair of Louboutins that are so cripplingly painful – but I’m trying to ease myself into them gently, wearing them for a few minutes every now and again.’

The singer, who was sacked from the X Factor USA in May dashing her Hollywood dreams, said: ‘For me, all shoes have memories - wearing them on a certain occasion like that means the shoe gets that memory.

[Cheryl Cole Photos]

‘If I can’t wear them again I also can’t get rid of them because they are so linked to that emotion. I’m probably a bit bonkers like that.’

She added: ‘My absolute aim is killer shoes that don’t kill your feet. I can walk in heels of any height and I can dance in them because I’ve just been doing this for so long,’ she says.

‘As a kid I was a ballet dancer and I always had really sore toes.

‘I had to have them broken and re-straightened, which sorted them out.

The star said she was pleased to have a fuller figure again after losing weight earlier this year.

She is now a size eight after putting on seven pounds in the last six months.

Doctors had advised her to put weight on after she battled malaria.
And the petite singer said: ‘The curves are back, well and truly. I’ve got my boobs and bum back and, yeah, I like it. I think it’s sexy.”

She said: ‘When I’m really thin is normally when I am working non-stop. I don’t put any emphasis on thinking, ‘Oh, I’m thin at the moment.’

[Cherly Cole's sexy new video for fashion Magazine]

‘Right now I’ve got my curves back because I’ve had time off, I’m at home cooking, I’m more relaxed. I’m not defined by being seven pounds heavier than I was two months ago - I think it is really unhealthy to go there.'

And her shoe fetish has spanned into her work life, as the singer has designed a range of shoes for stylistpick.com.

Within her debut shoe range, two of her styles include the ‘Ri Ri’ in honour of Rihanna and ‘Byker Groove’ boots as a nod to her Geordie roots.

Daily Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment