Sunday 4 December 2011

Poynter Felt Like 'empty Shell' Before Rehab

British boy band star Dougie Poynter has opened up about his stint in rehab, admitting he checked in because he loved drinking "just a bit too much".

It was widely reported that the McFly bassist checked into a clinic in March (11) to deal with personal issues stemming from his break-up from pop star Frankie Sandford. But speaking on U.K. reality show I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!, he admitted he was also seeking help for alcohol abuse.

Poynter told co-stars he loved drinking "just a bit too much" and felt like an "empty shell" before he was admitted for treatment. He recalls, "I felt sad all the time for, like, years of my life if I really think about it. I loved being by myself and getting battered (drunk)".


However, Poynter reveals his problems spiralled out of control when he and The Saturdays singer split last year (10), adding, "That's when it escalated. I wasn't comfortable in my own skin any more. So I went and saw this bloke and he sent me off to rehab. It was hard. It was really hard, in fact. But it was also one of the best things I ever did".

Female First

No comments:

Post a Comment